As a business owner you know how important it is to connect with your clients. Connection is a key component to drive traffic and sales. For many of us our clients are experiencing us online, sometimes exclusively. This makes the content we publish on our websites and social media vital to our success. Intentional, carefully crafted content that accurately and authentically represents us is one of the best ways to show these clients who you are, what you have to offer, and how you can serve them. Good copy is both strategic and personable. It balances SEO and technical writing with life and personality. That looks different for every single person because we are all distinct individuals with different messages, goals, etc. It can be a really overwhelming task to take on if you aren’t a writer by trade! So how do you craft content if you aren’t a writer by nature? You hire a content writer. Plain and simple.
Here’s why you should hire a content writer:
- We help you tell your story better. It is our job to listen to you, hear you out, pick up on all the subtle messages hiding in the background and craft a message that feels and sounds like you. A clear and concise story helps readers and clients get to know you and your brand/business and ultimately creates a connection so that they want to support you. Your story in its best form will drive traffic and sales.
- We enjoy the writing part! Most of my clients find me because quite simply they have no desire to do the writing. It isn’t their strong suit and they know that. If you don’t like it and don’t want to do it then you don’t have to. Some people feel like that’s cheating. No way. They’re still your ideas. We are just helping convey them. The same way you may hire a bookkeeper or website designer you can hire a content writer. It takes a lot of people and many different skill sets to create a successful and sustainable business. A content writer is just another member of the team.
- We have fresh eyes and ears. You have likely been sitting on these ideas for a very long time. The people closest to you have probably heard your message. Bringing in new eyes and ears allows for a brand new perspective: someone who can look at your message, find the holes and fill them, and help bring about a clarity that may have been lacking before.
- We have unique ideas. As creatives but also as writers working in the industry we have built up a whole toolkit of things we have seen work (or not). We may be able to provide new ideas and opportunities to you and your brand. A good content writer is eager to support and help grow your business. If there is an opportunity to offer suggestions and ideas we will and that only works in your favor.
- We help you publish with confidence. Nobody wants to put their story out into the world just to have it be picked apart for typos, spelling errors, grammatical errors, etc. It is intimidating! You can have friends read your text and offer feedback but they have not been trained to do this. If you’re going to take the leap and put yourself out there, you definitely want to do it with as much confidence as possible. We can help.
Bad copy can and will turn away potential clients. You don’t want to lose out on those connections because your message wasn’t clear or they couldn’t figure out what exactly it was that you were offering. They also don’t want to purchase from a robot or something that reads like a scam. Finding the balance is essential. Working with a content writer who understands you, your why, your goals, and your business can absolutely take your business to the next level.
If writing your story is keeping you from getting started, or if you’re looking to tell your story better, let’s set up a discovery call and talk through it. I would love to help you!
With so much love and gratitude,